cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Do my job" / "Give me a program" kinds of posts

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The posts that start with "can you just give me a program" have annoyed me for quite a while already. But I think today I saw the Mothership of those questions. Dude has actually posted the whole program and, obviously, expects the community to rewrite the code for him, so that he could collect his paycheck:

But wait - the program was too large, so he actually created "part 2":

Note "Thanks in Advanced" at the end of "part 2" - how thoughful...

Can we have a special "abuse" reason for these guys? "Arrogance and stupidity" seems to be appropriate...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is another one. Why do people even respond to a post like this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A [small god|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_gods] sent him a big email from the "abuse reports" system - which does not automatically generate his complete code for him either...

It only copies the text of the post's message body into the email - so at least he still has his complete specs so start will... and can come back later with more detailed questions and help.

Going through the "abuse reports" can be quite entertaining and even an education in itself. I think I could re-write the whole NetWeaver ABAP system sometime not by coding it all, but simply by excluding everything which should not be done at all and automatically generating all the rest.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow. Vanished and gone, just like that. Was the small god driving a Bentley GT Continental? 😛

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All I can say is [keep using that abuse button|;.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one wants someone to do their job AND supply screen shorts (sic) too !

I often sit and shake my head at things like this. If people don't have the knowledge (or at least know how to obtain the knowledge), then should they really be in a position where they are responsible for carrying out such a function!?!?1

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

>

> This one wants someone to do their job AND supply screen shorts (sic) too !

>

>

> I often sit and shake my head at things like this. If people don't have the knowledge (or at least know how to obtain the knowledge), then should they really be in a position where they are responsible for carrying out such a function!?!?1

Check out the last reply. Theres a mystery character lurking around. Just made his debut. My guess is that we are going to see a lot of this shady (shady???) character in the future.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm...

I was expecting something from Bart Simpson about "Eat my shorts!".

I think we should keep an eye on "What the..." lest he/she break any rules as well...

Cheers,

Julius

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just arrived

anyone in the right mood for replying?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> just arrived

>

>

Wow, this is even worse... The first guy at least had some code! Trully, as one of the comedians said, "you can't fix stupid".

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Trully, as one of the comedians said, "you can't fix stupid".

Where I live we have problems around this time of the year where many wild boars go into the maize fields (with nice ripe maize corns in them) and dig it up, damaging the crops.

We combat this by leaving them alone in the forests and feeding them some extra little nice things there before the maize harvest - they love salty things, as well as acorns.

But there are stupid fools who feed them maize in the forests as well without realizing that wild boars might act stupid but in fact are very smart when it comes to thinking of themselves...

... because once they develop a taste for the maize and discover (smell) where these "extra little yellow nice things" are coming from, then there is only one way to educate them not to go into the maize fields...

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Can we have a special "abuse" reason for these guys? "Arrogance and stupidity" seems to be appropriate...

That's made me laugh this morning.

For me, there should be another abuse reason for the idiots who actually bother to answer those sort of posts...

Gareth.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> For me, there should be another abuse reason for the idiots who actually bother to answer those sort of posts...

>

> Gareth.

Couldnt agree with you more.

I usually keep reporting such replies also as Abuse.

pk

I think we should keep an eye on "What the..." lest he/she break any rules as well...

My guess is that "What The.." is someone on the lines of Robinhood or The Musketeers or V from V for Vendetta. Another guess is that, he/she is a CC regular.

Having said that, let me make an earnest attempt to exempt myself from the list of "The Usual Suspects".

pk

Edited by: prashanth kishan on Sep 11, 2008 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is that we are going to see a lot of this shady (shady???) character in the future

I promise I am gonna be around... But I am no shady guy, too bad you think so , all i was trying to do is have some fun , like all of you.

Unless....

Ooooooooo I am scared........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh... then you're okay

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> For me, there should be another abuse reason for the idiots who actually bother to answer those sort of posts...

I agree completely. If no one answered to the posts like "tell me about SD", eventually they would go away or at least subside. I'll start reporting replies as abuse too. The person copy-pasting 10 pages of information in response to a stupid question is equally guilty in the SDN pollution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I agree completely. If no one answered to the posts like "tell me about SD", eventually they would go away or at least subside. I'll start reporting replies as abuse too.

Yes, please do that. They need to be warned as well.

If people continue to answer like that, then even worse than deleting the posts can happen:

in combination with Copy&Pasting =>

in combination with Link-Farming =>

Cheers,

Julius

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julius,

You really seem like God! Moderator ExtraOrdinaire..

keep going.. may the 'force' be with you..

~Suresh

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I promise I am gonna be around... But I am no shady guy, too bad you think so , all i was trying to do is have some fun , like all of you.

I mentioned ??? after shady, which shows my reluctance to call you shady. Used the word for not finding a better word. On the contrary I loved the idea of what you are doing.

Ooooooooo I am scared........

As i guessed correctly, you are a CC regular. And a CC regular, doesnt break the forum rules. We may bend it a little bit here and there, but not break it.

Happy Posting!!!

pk

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

We missed those links

they are now dead links and locked.

Cheers