cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory path reversed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever I set up a report to have a destination of a specific file location and enter into the directory prompt box like this:

example\example\example\example.xls

It automatically reverses the slashes like this:

//example/example\example\example.xls

Then I get an error.

Does anyone have any idea why BO does this.

Thanks-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not unusual... Occurs as such in XI R2 & XI R3.

I noticed that your path included the file name... That may be where your problem is. You should let BOE input the file name - simply tell it what directory to drop the file. Instead of letting the system generate some cryptic name, you can specify the name you want in the 'Specific Name' field below the directory field. The drop list allows you to select system variables like SI_NAME for the name of the object in BOE.

Other things to check:

+ On whatever server you're using to generate the file output, make sure (1) it File System destination is enabled (2) you're using O/S credentials to write the file to the file system. BOE servers usually run under the Local system account (Win) or some account your create (Unix) and may not have access to certain file systems. You can specify credentials once and for all in the CMC on the server, or per scheduled job in InfoView. In either case, File Sytem dest must be enabled...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Will-

I used your suggestion- checked specific name option on file name with the placeholders SI_NAME & EXT and it worked.

Edited by: vancoug on Sep 10, 2008 8:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad it worked...!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

So I have no idea which product, version and directory prompt box you're referring to here.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda