Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DeEscalation formula on a running total

I have a running total that is grouped by year. I need to test for each year and divide the total by a factor. I then need to string each year together. (each year gets a unique divisional factor). heres is what I have so far

whilereadingrecords;

if{TPHASE.DF_DATE}="2007" then

{#ActiveProjDet}/1.035

else false

this is comming up with errors

any thoughts for direction?

Former Member
Former Member replied

By looking at the formula that you have, it seems to me you'll be using the Running Total field in another formula at the Detail level of the report. You may have issues referencing a Running Total in the first Detail section of the group, if the Running total has not been processed...

First off, even if you change the runtime to WhilePrintingRecords, you may have a conflict or incorrect results. This is because by specifying this formula be processed in the 2nd pass at the same time that the Running Total has to be processed will not work.

It may sound like I'm coming from left field - so let me land.... My suggestion would be to create a manual running total - which gives you all the flexibility to do what you want with the fields in any section of the report...

I just scoured the web for manual running total examples and though I didn't find the exactly what I wanted (a good example from BusinessObjects itself), take a look at the following link. If you want to, you can search the BusinessObjects knowledgebase for

+manual running totals+

.. Once you master this technique, you'll overcome the limitation the regular (wizard) running total field.

http://vstoolsforum.com/blogs/crystal_reports/archive/2007/06/25/running-totals-in-crystal-reports-the-hard-way.aspx

Will

A better example of a Manual Running Total

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/19837

Edited by: Will Munji on Sep 11, 2008 12:16 AM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question