cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Area Material Master configuration questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BOM set up with A being the parent of B and C being the component of B. In other words

0: A

1:B

2:C

Materials B and C are both procured externally with B being bought on a Sub Contract PO having C as one of its components. 2 MRP Storage locations have been set up, US10B and US10R. US10B is set for storage location 2500 and US10R is set for storage location 1000. I loaded independent requirements for A in MRP Area US10B and then ran MRP. The dependent requirements of B correctly show up in MRP Area US10B, but the requirements for C show at the plant MRP Area level. A, B, and C have all had MRP Area views created for them. If I set the plant level MRP 2 view of B to procurement type X and special procurement 30 then the requirements for C will show up in the correct MRP Area. Any combination of fields I set in the MRP area view of B seems to cause dependent requirements of C to be displayed at the plant level. I also load independent requirements for B in US10R and run MRP but no matter what I do the dependent requirements of C are never displayed in the US10R MRP stock requirements view.

Basically we want to plan these materials at both MRP levels and keep the requirements seperate from one another and only look at their respective storage locations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understood rom your question,

If you set the plant level MRP 2 view of B to procurement type X and special procurement 30, then if you have BOM for B, then the requirements for C will show up in the correct MRP Area, because system will get the link from BOM and BOM will get exploded and the requirement will flow form B MRP area to C MRP area.

If you set F as procurement type for B, system will loose the requirement path fom to C, hence you will not get any requirement, but system will run MRP for C w/o requirement from B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that by setting procurement type to F the system will not create requirements at lower BOM levels but I thought thats why you could also use special procurement key 30 to continue planing down through the BOM levels. However when I did F, 30 the requirements of C showed up in the plant level MRP area. The only way to get it into US10B was to set it to X, 30. However this still does not explain why it doesnt also work for US10R MRP Area level.