cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII General

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My company has a LIMS system that works with an Oracle or a SQL Database, and one of my clients starts to use SAP MII and ask me to do the communication between SAP MII and my system. So, my question is, how does it work? Should I need to develop anything else, or I just need to use the Data connectors that MII already has and acquire the data directly from my database?

I never did something like that, so, what is the steps should I do to make this interface to my client?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i never tried of configuring an SQL database into an xMII system.

In either 11.5 or 12.0 version of xMII you can configure an SQL server through "Data Services" tab. Under this there is one link named "Data Servers" where you can configure any data server other than SAP server.

While creating a new data server we have to provide following details.

Connector = IDBC

ConnectorType = SQL

DatePrefix

DateSuffix

Description

Enabled = True

InitCommand

InternalDateFormat = yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver

Name

PoolMax = 256 (Maximum connection)

PoolSize

ServerPackage

ServerURL

Timeout

UseCount

UserName

ValidationQuery

WaitTime

Just try and let me know it works.

Thanks,

Rajesh Sivaprakasam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i053166
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Felippe,

Mostly, you will create an IDBC type data connector to the database of LIMS system. Depending on SQL and Oracle database, the connector configurations would be different. MII could then query the database and fetch LIMS data. With the same connector MII can update the database as well. You will need to create SQL query in MII with respective SQL statement.

Edited by: Sameel Baker on Sep 11, 2008 7:57 AM