Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data element changes does not take affect

former_member184551
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I've been facing this problem for a while.

I have an alv , the table underneath it comes from a zstructure, now , whenever I change a data element of this structure, the change does not reflect automatically in the alv, I always have to delete the data element and create it again. In the debug for example it shows lenght 14 char, but when it displays on the alv it shows the same old numc. (old data type that I changed).

Can anyone throw some light?

Thanks

Sameer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are using the function module to get the field catalog for the DDIC structure..pass by passing buffer 'X' ...

This should get the current dataelement changes..

THanks

Naren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are using the function module to get the field catalog for the DDIC structure..pass by passing buffer 'X' ...

This should get the current dataelement changes..

THanks

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren

ur answer forced me to think in the right direction

Although, dd03l does not have a buffering maintaned, the problem was that i wasnt bypassing the buffer while calling the method set_table_for_first_display.

I did

I_BYPASSING_BUFFER = 'X'

and got the changes.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you defining the Output Length in your Field Catalog and does it match the Length defined in your Struture?