Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider using individual infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two Questions:

1. Can we club an ODS object with just one infoObject in a Multiprovider?

2. If the InfoObject is a Key figure, then is it not possible to club ? What can be done if we just need one single key figure to be clubbed with an ODS in a multiprovider? Will I have to bring in the entire cube which holds this Key?

Also Please confirm that this is not the case in case of a characteristic or master data.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Can we club an ODS object with just one infoObject in a Multiprovider?

Yes if it is master data infoobject.

2. If the InfoObject is a Key figure, then is it not possible to club ?

NO.

What can be done if we just need one single key figure to be clubbed with an ODS in a multiprovider? Will I have to bring in the entire cube which holds this Key?

you cannot. Try using an infoset instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Will it not work if I club an ODS and an InfoCube in a Multiprovider and then select contents including this particular key figure.

What are the benefits of using an Infoset for this purpose over the previous design.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the keyfigure to be part of the key (unique) then i was thinking maybe infoset is better.

but if you create MP, you will use common characteristics from cube and ODS and depending on this selection, particular keyfigure will get populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thats exactly what I wanted to verify

Sorry from my initial post the 'Key' word might have caused confusion. I meant Keyfigure and it was a typo.

Will I have to bring in the entire cube which holds this "key"?

So, its not that I am looking for my key figure to be part of the unique key

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't get what you want;

are you trying to connect a key figure to other records from an infocube?

can you give an example of what your goal is?

Marco