Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field delimiters coming as text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks

Scenario : Invoice to EDI file

In outbound Invoices,I am getting astreix as part of some field descriptions ,although my EDI invoices have astrix as field delimiters,how can I ignore in XI mapping the astreix coming as part of descriptions.

Issue is since it comes as description ,so it is taken as a field delimiter via Seeburger.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Issue is since it comes as description ,so it is taken as a field delimiter via Seeburger.

You have 2 options,first is to change the delimiter in seeburger itself from * to something else.

Second is to use replaceWith standard function in message mapping and replace * with something else.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case ,I need to identify all the description and add replacestring function everywhere.

Cant we add something in module section of comm channel to ignore astreix,sp that we make change at one place?

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,you can do it in module as well

Give the following parameters for bic in the receiver adapter module sequence

bic srcDelimiter ~ +

bic destDelimiter ~ +

The order for delimiter is as follows

subfield, field, decimal, quoting, fieldgroup, segment

but since srcDelimiter and destDelimiter requires a string of 6 characters you need to add space before/between/after the delimiters.

In the example i gave above i have added one space before ~ then 3 spaces between.

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Sep 9, 2008 3:29 PM

Answers (0)