Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

GR is status "Closed"

When I create GRPO then I take it to GR and after adding GR the document status changed to "closed" and then I can't use GR anymore.

Is it some reason for this?

replied

Hi,

The Goods Return Document will not be available and its status will be closed.

Following is the use od Goods return Document from the Online Help (F1) :

Goods Return

The goods return document is used to return delivered goods to vendors or to reverse a purchasing transaction for an item, for example, a goods receipt PO or an A/P invoice in SAP Business One. Due to legal stipulations you cannot make any changes to or delete these documents. However, to return unwanted or faulty goods, or to correct errors made when entering the above-mentioned documents, you can create a goods return.

When you create a goods return, the goods are issued from the warehouse and the quantities are reduced. If your company uses perpetual inventory, SAP Business One automatically creates the relevant posting to update the stock values as well.

To reverse a purchasing transaction, you must enter a corresponding purchasing document to balance it. The goods return document reverses the quantity and value-based changes either completely or partially.

You can create a goods return either based on a goods receipt PO or not. If you choose to do the latter, and run the perpetual inventory by moving average, make sure that the prices of the items in the independent goods return are identical to the prices posted in the respective original purchase transaction.

Regards,

Jitin Chawla

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question