cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems displaying an image on Adobe Reader 8.1.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are trying to display a JPG image in an InteractiveForm. So, we set an Image (StaticImage) to be loaded using the following Formcalc script on Page Initialize event:

StaticImage1.value.image.href = $record.ImageURL

On our last project, we could display a JPG image with Adobe Reader 6 (with some alert messages), 7 and 8 (7 and 8 fully functional). But in this one, the same solution doesn't work. The unique difference between both solutions is the URL format. Last project displays an image based on a normal URL ("http://app.client.com/photo/1234.jpg"), and in the current project we create a PNG or JPG image based on a JFreeChart, generating an URL to access it ("http://server1:54321/webdynpro/resources/vendor.com/..(long)../graph43211234.jpg").

When we load it using a computer with Adobe Reader 7.0.x installed, the bellow message is displayed requesting an action:

-

"Acrobat is attempting to connect to the site:

http://server1:54321/webdynpro/resources/vendor.com/..(long)../graph43211234.jpg

If you trust the site click "Allow", otherwise click "Block".

Possible actions: Block, Allow and a check "Remember my action for the site: server1"

-

Allowing the connection, the images are displayed. But, in a machine with Adobe Reader 8.1.2 installed, sometimes it asks for permission to access the URL, sometimes not. And, in both cases, in this version it doesn't display the images...

Can anyone shed any light on this? Also, is there a way to block this annoying message?

Regards,

Douglas Frankenberger

P.S.:

1 - The Image is not marked as Embedded. This option don't seems to make any difference, as on our last project the StaticImage was not flaged as Embed, but the JPG file was embeded in the PDF anyway...

2 - Interactive Form display type: native. Mode: updateDataInPDF

3 - In current project, when we set the same image the we had set on the old project, it loads successfully. Also, the generated JFreeChart image is fully accessible when displayed directly in IE using its URL.

4 - Versions:

- Client: Windows XP Professional

- NWDS 7.0.10

- Adobe Livecycle 7.0.50519.0

- Adobe Reader: 7.0.8, 7.0.9 and 8.1.2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

Check if the URL u are getting is correct or not

simply display it using

xfa.host.messageBox($record.ImageURL)

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

Did u check the "Embed Image Data" check box.

I hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amita.

We already tried it (checked / unchecked), but it seems to make no difference. There is a strange behavion on this:

- When I set it checked, on a computer disconnected from the web and running Adobe Reader 7.0.9, it asks for permission to access a resource (as I said before). In this case, even disconnected, it shows up my image independent of allowing/blocking the access to the external resource. In other words, it is embedded (I think...), but continues asking for access anyway.

- The same scenery above, but using Adobe Reader 8.1.2 instead of 7.0.9.... sometimes it asks for permission, sometimes not. But in both cases, it doesn't display the images...

Regards,

Douglas Frankenberger