Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug a BAPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPERs,

i wanted to know that how you can debug a BAPI.

My problem is i m working on one utility(report) in which BAPI is called to pull data from other system. I am exporting header level data and importing item data, reference data and selectionset data.

But out of these three, BAPI is unable to retrieve iem level data. Now i wanted to debug this BAPI but i can't and without debugging its not possible to know why only the item level data is not pulled

Is there a way to debug a BAPI?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Put a break point on your BAPI and execute the report.

Or debug it on SE37 filling the IMPORT fields.

Bye

Gabriel P.-

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh

Before going into RFC debugging check the messages that are returned by the BAPI. If there is a problem with the input data these messages will give you useful hints.

If you do not receive any AEX-message then you may try to do remote-debugging or, as already suggested, take your input data, logon to the remote system and test the BAPI using this input (SE37).

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

There are no error messages returned by BAPI.

I already tried testing the BAPI in remote system using tcode se37. But there i am able to pull the data correctly.

I also tried remote debugging this BAPI by setting the breakpoint but the problem is since it is calling remote system it executes the whole BAPI without stopping at the break-point.

This BAPI is giving me problem only if i m calling from one sytem to pull the data from remote system. This can't be the issue of RFC connection as I am able to retrieve other data successfully.

Also this BAPI is working fine in development box and i have no clue why its showing strange behaviour in assurance system.

For you information BAPI i am talking about is:

• read phrase details from destination system ********************

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_BUS1091_GETDETAIL'

DESTINATION dest_rfc

EXPORTING

• PHRASE_LANGUAGE = ' '

scenario = espap_info_only_scenario

• KEY_DATE = SY-DATUM

• CHANGE_NUMBER =

valfr = '01010001'

valto = '31129999'

• FLG_KEY_DATE_SWITCH_ONLY =

flg_return_whole_interval = true

• MULTLANGU_PARAMS =

flg_phrase_header = true

flg_phrase_text = true

• FLG_PHRASE_LONGTEXT =

flg_phrase_references = true

flg_phrase_selectionset = true

flg_selectionset = true

• FLG_SELECTIONSET_TEXT =

• FLG_LOCK_CATALOG =

TABLES

return = l_return_tab

phrase_header = l_phrase_head_ds_tab

phrase_text = l_phr_text_ds_tab

• PHRASE_LONGTEXT =

phrase_references = l_phrase_ref_ds_tab

phrase_selectionset = l_phr_sect_ds_tab

selectionset = l_selectionset_ds_tab

• SELECTIONSET_TEXT =

I am unable to retrieve only the "phrase_text parameter".

Please let me know what else i need to check or am i missing anything? or is there any way to debug remote BAPI when called from one system?

Regards,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Iam not sure howmuch helpful this is for you. But you can try if the problem is not yet resolved.

As the data transfer is between remote systems, I believe you have to debug the BAPI by keeping extrenal break-point(CtrlShiftF9) rather than using Session break-point(CTRL_Shift+F12)..

If the problem still persists then you try with these settings:

With who ever ID the remote system is logged in, try to debug the BAPI with the same ID in your system. To keep the debugging point with other users ID goto Utilities->ABAP Editor->Debugging->Give the remote sytem login user ID.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti.