cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing signature in Printer memory and accessing it in the sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I have a requirement to upload signatures on to the printer memory (Its a HP 4250 printer for printing checks) and access the same to print them while printing the checks.

Please let me know the steps to achieve the following

1) Uploading the signatures to the printer and in which format - how should this be done.

2) How to acces the signatures in the printer in the sapscript form

Thanks

Rupendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

obadiah_king
Explorer
0 Kudos

The only way that I know of that a signature can be stored directly on a printer is through the use of an add-on simm card. Please look at OSS Note 18045, it references a company that will create a signature board for your printer. One of the problems with this is that a new card has to be created if signatures change, we no longer use this method but use either RSTXLDMC to upload TIF images, or we use SE78.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should upload the signatures to SAP (trans:SE78), not the printer, and include them in the SAPScript with the BITMAP call. Do a search and you'll find plenty of threads on uploading graphics and using the BITMAP command.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

The client does not want to store the signature in SAP system but only in the Printer.

Thanks

Rupendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i to have the same kind of requirement if you got the solution can you please post in this.

thanks,

anupama.