cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User first time uploading document getting KM Access Denied Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a resume upload page In which I have two iViews Document Upload and Personal Documents. When user first time accessing that page they are getting error in Personal Document iView "The item you are attemting to access requires permissions you do not have. Contact the item's owner or a system Administrator to acquire the permissions in question"

But next time if user go to the same area do not see this error and the document uploaded by him/her is also visible.

Any Help will be appreciated

Edited by: Joel Sig on Sep 9, 2008 7:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is clearly stating about permission issue.Check the permissions for that iview.

take required permissions from that folder owner

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is a permission issue then how come if the user goes to the same page or iview doesn't see the access denied error again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check below note...check permissions in your local directory from where you are uploading also

Note 898637 - Upload to KM / ICE Package Upload does not work

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti,

Thanks for your reply. I have no problem with uploading file. In my case I have 2 iViews in my My Career page one iView Upload Document uploads the resume(uploads file) and other iView Personal Document iView shows the files in my folder.

So if a user goes to My Career page first time he/she gets an error on the Personal Document iView Access denied(first time a folder is created for that user) but if the user refreshes that page then the error goes off and user is able to upload the file , I don't know why the error is coming because even if the error is there the folder gets created for the user and user is able to upload file .

I hope you undersand the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Can you check whether there are sufficent permission on the KM Folder to the user.

Regards

Pankaj Prasoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to be strange.Better contact SAP.

Koti Reddy