cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task locked by Workflow Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all - hoping someone has run across this. i'm surprised I didn't find anything in the forums on this. I created a workflow, but realized I didn't name some of the task container elements in a few steps properly. So, in attempting to go into the send mail steps to rename the task container elements, I get the following:

"Task TS99900143 locked by Workflow Builder"

I'm unable to edit/rename/or even add new task container elements. However, I am able to make changes to other parts of the workflow (i.e. workflow container elements, etc).

Any idea what I need to do? I logged out, logged back in to see if it would get unlocked. I had this problem yesterday as well, so I thought maybe even overnight something would get unlocked, but that wasn't the case.

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or it may be the other way around...

You may need to create the SendMail Standard Task first in PFTC. Then in your Workflow Builder, insert a SendMail activity and then switch to new Standard Task.

In any event, delete the SendMail Activity thats giving you problems from the template, and insert a new one.

I wish I could give you more clear advice. Please let me know if any of this works...

Tom Carruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also sometimes faced this issue with SendMail steps, it not allowing you to make changes from the WF builder. In that case, i'll go to PFTC, go the Change mode of that task of Sendmail step and do the changes, it allows there.

Did you try this ?

Regards,

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom - thanks for your replies! I had originally created these steps in the Workflow Builder. It never occurred to me to simply go into PFTC to make the changes there....that has solved the problem for me.

Thanks again!

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu - yes, just did it!

Thanks,

Steve

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

open your Workflow in display mode and then go to corresponding task inSWDD.

Then when you want to change then just clik on change button!

Magic Works!

Regards,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purvesh - wow, you're not kidding! Thanks......that worked as well! I take it that's a bug in SAP?

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx Boss. I was not kidding at all.

I often face this kind of problem and i don't think that Its a bug there! I think we should ask moderator about that.

Regards,

Purversh Patel.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

I think we should ask moderator about that.

OK, let's get one thing straight: [Moderators|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_moderator] are folks who look after the forum and make sure everyone plays by the rules and so forth - a bit like a referee at a sports match.

We do not represent official statements from SAP, in fact not all moderators even work for SAP. If someone with an SAP logo next to their name says something that is different...

Now we've got that out the way, no this is not a bug. The sendmail step is just a 'special' step in the workflow builder that generates a regular SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION in background based on the info you supply. Since the WF builder maintains the task for you, it locks it so that the task and the WF builder don't get out of synch.

Aside from PFTC (be aware of sync issues mentioned above), you can of course also create a sendmail step manually by creating a task based on SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION. It will appear as a regular activity step and not have the mail icon, and it won't be locked. In some cases this is better because you have more control over the details.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike - thanks for the clarification!

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike

U r Great!

Thanks.

Regards,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

! ! ! CORRECTION ! ! !

I think it had to do with inserting the SendMail step into the WF in that you have to create the Standard Task from there, and NOT in advance directly from PFTC. Could be mistaken though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same thing happened to me a while back. I just can't remember the solution at the moment. I know this doesn't help you other than to confirm that you're not going crazy.

I think it had to do with inserting the SendMail step into the WF in that you have to create the Standard Task from there, and in advance direct from PFTC. Could be mistaken though.