Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need to develop custom IDoc with data based on several tables. These tables are, in principal, linked to a main table by one of the fields.

How can I define these linkages in IDoc segment definition.

For example: I need to export data from 3 tables as 3 segments in my IDoc: A, B, C

in which: A.M = B.N, A.P = C.Q (*), with M, P are fields in main table A, N is field in table B, Q is field in table C.

How this condition is applied to segment definition?

The main purpose here is when I export data to IDoc, with condition A.M = zzz, then data from table B and C are also exported (with look up condition * as above).

Please shred some light. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are processing and Inbound Custom IDoc, then all you have to do is to read all the IDoc Data (IDOC_DATA Internal Table) and store them in separate Work Areas / Internal Tables First.

Then, based on the relations between the Tables, use the Data in the Work Areas / Internal Tables accordingly to serve your purpose. Hope it was clear.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri