cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing values from xMII to iFIX HMI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer that is asking about writing values back to GE's iFIX. It looks as if the UDS for iFIX does not have a write back method. However OPC UDS does. I could make an OPC connection to iFIX but am I incorrect about writing values back to iFIX?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up using the OPC UDS and it worked fine.

0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

I think that write back typically is limited to current values by most vendors. If iFix does allow it and you can establish an OPC connection through UDS, you will need to have the UDS configured to allow the write back as well as the data connector in MII. I am not familiar with iFix, so I would also suggest starting with GE and google to determine whether iFix even allows write back.

Perhaps someone else has run into this before and can help. If you have already solved it, please post your solution for the benefit of the community.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike, iFix (and the API's that are/were used for iFix in the older UDS) most definitely support writing of values, but I think the bigger question is what the plans are to continue to update/support some of these interfaces.

The OPC recommendation is a good one for low data volumes, particularly since the release of the new OPC UDS's.

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the insight. It was good to see you at ASUG.

Mike