cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked segment when creating collections management worklist

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SAP program UDM_GEN_WORKLIST to create the collections management worklists in a batch job that runs overnight.

This has been working for many months. Since Friday, we are getting error "Segment 1000 is blocked for run 3" when we run this program.

I tried FS00 but this is for G/L accounts not A/R

Does anyone know how this segment was blocked?

What is segment 1000? Is this master data?

Is there a transaction that we can use to unblock the segment?

thanks in advance,

Laurie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have more information about our problem:

this might be related to parallel processing.

on Friday, a user executed transaction udm_genwl, which runs SAP program UDM_GEN_WORKLIST (the same program that runs in the batch job).

It seems that our batch job triggers another job named UDM_GENERATE_WORKLIST_xxx_y (runs SAP program UDM_RUN_PARALLEL) which might reset parallel processing. When the user executed udm_genwl, I am guessing that parallel processing was disabled and now we are getting the error message when we run the batch job.

After executing udm_run_parallel, our batch job that executes udm_gen_worklist runs sucessfully.

Edited by: Laurie Abell on Sep 10, 2008 9:21 AM

Edited by: Laurie Abell on Sep 10, 2008 9:24 AM

marybeth_trayers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Laurie,

Try going to the Monitor for Parallel Runs - tran UDM_PRMON. Select UDM_GENERATE_WORKLIST and Run ID 3. Select the uncompleted run and click on Stop and then Delete. This should "clear" it. You can then run a new worklist.

Beth

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Beth,

I managed to resolve this on our production system by running program udm_run_parallel which probably does something similar to what you have suggested.

Laurie