Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Asset is being given on Maintenance/Rental/Lease Purpose

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asset gurus,

We are having lot assets which are idle, not in use.

I wud like to use these assets at our customer premises by giving lease or rental.

Is it possible to do as per asset accounting.

I wud like to mention that I am not in position to sell or write off these assets (asset retirement with revenue or without revenue)

CAn any one suggest what we can do these assets in sap.

is depreciation is to be locked or continued? pl help in giving solution

pl help

Thanks & regards

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should consider the shutdown functionality. You can specify time-dependent periods on the asset master record level where you shutdown the asset. Then in this range of time no depreciation will be calculated or posted.

You find detailed information in the SAP Help Portal for Fixed Asset Accounting. Search with keyword shutdown.

Regards,

Markus

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanx so much

can i know the path to reach the detailed info

on fixed asset accounting & keyword shutdown.i have tried thru help.sap.com but cud not find.

also, pl tell whether i can have this feature (shutdown functionality) extended to current asset, if so where i can do this (either as02 or any other tcode)

pl help

thanks & regards

Srihari

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you find the FI-AA documentation in the SAP Help Portal at [Asset Accounting (FI-AA).|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4f/71fd71448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm]. In there you find all answers to your question.

Regards,

Markus

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can u pl guide to see detailed information on shutdown functionality, i have been to Asset Accounting (FI-AA)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus provided you with a good answer. The Help portal contains the information on the shutdown feature. Additionally that topic has been discussed many times in this forum. Please do a 'search' and you will find threads related to that topic.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari

Do you want that the ownership of the assets still lying with your company. In such case you still need to depreciate the assets inspite of leased out. You should not use the option of Shutdown. To maintain the detailed use of assets for remtal/lease etc. it is better to have a Real Estate configuration. Above is applicable if you still want to depreciate the assets in your books of accounts First of all clear the objective of rental/lease.

Cheeers

Srinivas