Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

0FI_GL_4 delta scenario,

Hello all,

Could someone please help me with the following scenario,

We were pulling line items data into BI from FI-GL, using 0FI_GL_4. So far we were loading into DSO and then into Cube for speedy reporting.

As maintaining the same records in Cube and DSO not a good practice as it needs 2TB of extra memory for 2yrs of data at any time, we would like to remove DSO totally and load into Cube (line-items)

My questions are:

Does 0FI_GL_4 supports the delta to load into Cube...means, whether this data source's delta updates new value or just the change?

If you say it does not support, Could you tell me the best practices to improve the reporting performance when we do reporting on DSO (of course drill down from summary Cube)? Like splitting, indexing, etc and also please let me know the performance gain compared to reporting on cube.

on the other way around, Could someone tell me, what are the issues in designing and developing generic data source with delta that supports delta update into InfoCube directly.

Hope you will help with these,

Any Help would be greatly appreciated with POINTS.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
Former Member replied

A few remarks and a few new questions

- there are limitations to delta and infocubes as Simon explains, that is correct.

Again i ask you the difference between the DSO and the cube? Is it aggregation or is the cube a copy of the DSO with all details and only meant for reporting?

Otherwise i would really consider using the DSO as infoprovider instead of the cube (maybe together with the BIAccelerator).

Another option is building the cube each time again (full load with selection instead of delta), but given your amount of data to process i think that is hardly acceptable.

Marco

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question