cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RFC connection using Redwood V7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am at the last phase of configuring a V7 Redwood installation and hitting an issue that I am having problems resolving. The RFC connection from Redwood to the SAP system I am trying to schedule jobs on is showing as running, but I thought I would be able to see the connection either in SM04 or SMGW -> Local Connections. In addition when I submit a job ,e.g. to run a simple RSUSR000, the job shows as running in Redwood, but then after a few minutes changes to error status with a log entry of "cannot create socket hostname=null port=1529". I have tried telneting on the SAP server to localhost port 1529 and I get the RS prompt OK.

Any idea whether I should be able to see the RFC connection in the SAP instance, and if not how I can debug the connection problem?

Configuration is :-

Redwood V7.0.3 (licensed for "Connector for SAP Solutions")

Oracle XE 10.2.0.1.0

XP SP2

SAP Netweaver 2004s SP8

Regards

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Guy,

forgot to mention that yes you should be able to see RFC connection in SAP for the user that you've configured CPS to connect to SAP as.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice one Simon! That did the trick.

When I ran the RSI_MAINTAIN_INSTANCES script to modify the connection I had setup original I saw why I'd used 1529 as the port. The field asks for the "agent port" which, considering the order in which you'd perform the installation & configuration tasks, would logically suggest the Network Agent on the SAP server.

Oh, well you live and learn

Thanks again.

Guy

Edited by: Guy Tew on Sep 10, 2008 2:35 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

When you configured the SAP Instance in CPS (RSI_MAINTAIN_INSTANCES) you had to specify a port number. You haven't specified the port number already being used by the Process Server Network Agent (defaults is 1529). The SAP port is any number different to this and not used by anything else.

Regards,

Simon