Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Delta based on append structure field for datasource/customer exit

Hello...

This questions is very good opportunity for those who want to show their expertise.

Here is the scenario.

We have master data source called 0ABCDFE_ATTR ( Example). This is delta.

I have added the ZFIELD to the append structure and populated with that.

Key - ZFIELD

0001- Hello

We did the full load and process the delta, everything is fine.

But cusotmer has changed the ZFIELD for old data ( this is not new record).

*Key - ZFIELD*

0001- Good bye

This changed image is not coming into BW with delta.

Fortunately this is not extracted into BW since it old record..?

Any ideas ..? how to get the latest image for ZFIELD although its old record that exists already in BW.

Thanks

SP

replied

There is no way to track it with standard delta functionality. You can either do a full load daily (if the record count/time is not too much) or you can come up with an elaborate scheme of checking the delta on that field.

My guess is that you will end up doing a full load, but if you so desire, and have the skills, you can do one of the following:

1.) Create an event or trigger on the table that is updated with this field. When it is triggered, check to see if the field changed, if it did, place the record in a second "delta" table. Create a new generic datasource on this table to load into your info object in BW.

2.) When a record in your Z field's table is updated, put an X in a second Z field that will allow you to identify updated records. Create a generic datasource on this table and make the X field selectable. Always pull the X'd records and create a user exit routine to uncheck the X's after you pull the data.... a little risky, but it should work.

Like I said, a full load nightly is much easier, even if it takes a long time to load.

Brian

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question