Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

R3 objects back to R2

We have done a lot of work on XI R3 at our dev shop. Unfortunately our customer has now gone and spent a lot of money on XI R2 due to a misunderstanding. They are reluctant to spend additional money to upgrade to R3

Is there any way to port some of the universes and reports back to R2?

replied

I'm assuming you've used the Universe Designer SDK to extract your own Universe metadata, then used XI Release 2 Universe Designer SDK to recreate the Universe on the XI Release 2 system.

That's pretty straightforward, as long as you're keeping the same database connection.

One possibly major problem I see with the above - if I'm assuming correctly - is that all the IDs for the Universe Objects would have changed, so you'd have major problems porting Web Intelligence documents back without some nasty re-linking to the new Universe Objects.

So I'm assuming that what you'd want to do is re-create the Web Intelligence documents across the version like you've done for the Universes - i.e., read the document blocks and query structure, and recreate it across to the other deployment.

To do so would require use of the ReportEngine Java (REBean) SDK. This is documented here:

[http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/en/RE_SDK/default.htm]

Note that only the Java version has report creation/modification functionality required - the RE.NET does not.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question