cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

click on calendar control in parameter prompt of viewer gets Jscript error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within SAP supplied CrystalViewer. VS2008 web app, XIR2 Crystal Server, 11.5.3700 or 11.5.3300 libraries. Although not a forum favored combination of tools, everything seems to work except calendar control within parameter prompts.

IUSER_(machine name) or everyone has read and execute access for directory and subdirectories via IIS and Windows file system (suggestion from a more general problem post).

I am able to fill in the date parameter text box and all works well. Calendar icon properly displays to right of text box but it is followed on subsequent lines by :

Business Objects X

i

i

within the individual parameter box.

Click on calendar icon to allow pick of date from calendar causes Jscript error.

alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Alan;

Does it work anywhere? It is likely the combination of CR 2008 / XI R2 is not playing well, as you've indicated - they are not meant to. It could be missing runtime files causing issues. Is the CR 2008 runtime installed on the server as well, or only the XI R2 runtime?

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for your quick response. Response to you questions follows.

Q:Does it work anywhere?

A:It doesn't work on any date parameter when executed in VS project. (It does work with Crystal Developer XIR2 client.) I am only using the viewer - not designing report within project. Given that, can you suggest a test for calendar control outside of parameters to answer this question? Sorry for my ignorance.

Q:It is likely the combination of CR 2008 / XI R2 is not playing well, as you've indicated - they are not meant to. It could be missing runtime files causing issues. Is the CR 2008 runtime installed on the server as well, or only the XI R2 runtime?

A: We have VS2008 but not CR2008 which is what I think you meant. With VS2008 installed on development workstation accessing remote XIR2 server objects, a web app running on workstation has problem with calendar. I am out of my league, but I am thinking the execution of a calendar control for a parameter would not need to call any Crystal libary which might mess things up, but the call is coming from an 11.5.3700 viewer which may be making the wrong call for a VS2008 base library that handles calendar control. But, I am hoping instead that the problem is that it cannot find something it needs or that it does not have proper access to that something (which has been the cause of all the other problems I have solved).

alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Alan;

CR XIR2 Is really not meant to be used with vs.net 2008, and has not been tested with it.

If the web server does not have the XIR2 runtime installed, that would be a problem. Does the web server have the XIR2 runtime, or just the VS 2008?

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had time to create a little web viewer app in VS2005. Calendar control on parameter executes fine. I will accept my problem with VS2008 as an unsupported incompatibility for calendar control. It is the only incompatibility I have found so far with VS2008 and XIR2 combination.

alan

Answers (0)