cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports software registration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently sold 5 copies of Crystal Reports XI Standard (boxed product) to a customer, and after they worked with the product for a couple of weeks, they decided that the product would not do what they needed, and they ended up shelving the product. I purchased 2 copies of the product back from them, as I have a need for it in my office. Unfortunately, they already registered the product, and when I try to register it with my company information, I'm getting a warning dialog that the product has already been registered. I called the 800 number for support, and they told me that I needed to have this addressed through this forum. Can you please provide assistance so that I can get this taken care of?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tim Thousand

Computer Concepts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

No worries. You only need to modify the registry settings. Before modifying the registry I recommend you to take a strong backup of it on a local drive.

We need to make Crystal Reports recognize the valid registration number:

1. Start the Registry Editor. On the 'Start' menu, click 'Run'. Type 'Regedit' and click 'OK'.

2. Expand the registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Std

NB:

CR Std for Crystal Reports Standard Edition

CR Dev for Crystal Reports Developer Edition

CR Pro for Crystal Reports Professional Edition

3. Highlight the 'CR Std' folder and go to the 'Edit' menu and click 'New' then 'String Value'.

4. Enter 'Serial' as the string value.

5. Right click 'Serial' and select 'Modify'. Enter your registration number as the 'Value Data'.

Exit the Registry. When you re-start Crystal Reports, the 'About Crystal Reports...' screen will display your valid registration number

If you are unable to see the changes, please revert to me.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

I recommend to post this query to the [Crystal Reports Design|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to the creation and design of Crystal Report documents. This includes topics such as database connectivity, parameters and parameter prompting, report formulas, record selection formulas, charting, sorting, grouping, totaling, printing, and exporting but also installation and registering.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all Crystal Reports Design queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk