Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translaton of Text Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a requirement where I have to translate Text Elements from English to Polish language at runtime.

Kindly let me know how to achieve this using ABAP code. Normal translation process doesn't work for me as Polish language is not available on the Development Server I am working on.

Please suggest.

Regards

11 REPLIES 11

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to Use Tcode:- SE63, Explore the Menu options in that Transaction.

Regards

Bala Krishna

0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Polish language is not available on the Dev server.So can't do that directly.

Regards

0 Kudos
SET LOCALE LANGUAGE 'PL'.

Whatever u want to change the sy-langu to.

Still you will have to do the translation of text elements in SAP and transport them over to other systems.

A

0 Kudos

Hello A,

What I understood by your response is :

We have to first translate it into some other language(As Polish language is not available on the Dev server), say German and than use the statement SET LOCALE LANGUAGE 'PL' in the program.

I tried implementing this approach also but still no success.

Kindly let me know whether my understanding is correct or not.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to Add Polish Language in T002 Table.

Regards

Jana

0 Kudos

You should not be touching table T002. Its a system table. Basis team usually loads language sets into the system.

As i said if the translations for Polish language already exist(no need for other translations) and you want the users to see text elements strictly in polish, try using

SET LOCALE LANGUAGE 'PL'.

A

0 Kudos

Polish language doen't exists in that Server otherwise there won't have been any issue.Simple translation would have worked for me.

So I followed the approch mentioned by you in your previous response.But no success.

Regards

Pravesh

0 Kudos

Sorry use

SET LANGUAGE 'L'.

Don't use letter LOCALE

I am not sure what is the code for PL in App Server as we don;t have polish loaded in system. I think its L.

A

Edited by: Amandeep Bal on Sep 10, 2008 9:20 AM

0 Kudos

I can only check for Polish language once the code moves from Dev(3.1 release) to QA environment.So I tried with French language.Did the translation in German and logged on with logon language as French.This is the piece of code which I used.

report ztestp1 .

set language 'F'.

selection-screen skip.

selection-screen: begin of block prog1 with frame title text-f90.

selection-screen: begin of line.

parameters: %p_both radiobutton group gr1.

selection-screen: comment 4(28) text-f71 for field %p_both,

end of line.

parameters: %p_prim radiobutton group gr1.

selection-screen: comment 4(28) text-f72 for field %p_prim,

end of line.

parameters: %p_sec radiobutton group gr1.

selection-screen: comment 4(28) text-f73 for field %p_sec,

end of line.

selection-screen end of block prog1.

However it doesn't worked for me.

Regards

Pravesh

0 Kudos

Do the Following Steps.

1. Create a test report ZTEST with following Code.

REPORT  ztest.
SET LANGUAGE 'D'.
WRITE:/ text-000.

2. Create the text element text-000 (Hello) in english and do the translation in German (Hallo) as well and Save.

3. Save and Activate.

4. Run the Report. you should see description of text-000 in German not in English. ---> Hallo should get printed

I have tried this on my system and works fine for me. Please test the same in your system and let me know.

Thanks

A

0 Kudos

Hello A,

Your test program is working fine however I think there is some misunderstanding with the exact requirement.Our user wants to see the selection screen with the actual names rather that technical names on the selection screen when she logs on with Polish language.She is even accepting that English text would be fine but it should be actual names.

Now the problem is that we don't have Polish language on Dev server.Now how to do the translation so that she should see some text on the selection screen despite of technical names(like s_bukrs ,s_cpudt,etc) when she executes the program with logon language as Polish.

Regards

Pravesh