Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segregate access to Plant within same role (Organisation level)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't seem to find out whether it is possible to segregate the access to plants in the same role

I have a role which gives Full Access to all plants. One of them now is being closed down therefore needs to be locked down for changes and can only be given with display

We have about 150 roles like this so the option of creating a new role to display that specific plant is not an auspicable...

How can I do so?

Thanks for any hint!

Nadia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Segregating the access within a role itself doesn't seem to be feasible.

If you want to restrict access to that plant, you need to update the roles to exclude that plant value

and setup a display role for that plant value.

Regards,

Zaheer

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Segregating the access within a role itself doesn't seem to be feasible.

If you want to restrict access to that plant, you need to update the roles to exclude that plant value

and setup a display role for that plant value.

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way that I am familiar with is to build separate authorizations for each plant and take plant accesses out of the existing roles. Hope that helps.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadia,

The authorisation concept is such that 1 role = 1 set of access. If you need something different then you need to amend your roles to remove the now redundant plant. 150 roles = less than 1 day so it's not really that much effort.

0 Kudos

Alex

the issue is not changing those 150 roles, but creating other new ones for each of these 150 roles...

Anyway, thanks for the answer