cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-contracting Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have an issue related to sub-contracting.

Component 'A' is used to make materials B,C and D(at subcontractors end)

I have made a sub-contracting PO for material B and did transfer posting. I have consumed 50 % of the quantity of 'A' and made B material.

Now i want to make material 'C' by using the remaining component of 'A' at the sub-contractor's end.

How can i receive the material 'C' from sub-contractor because already i made sub-contracting PO for the material 'B' and sent the component 'A'.

Please suggest me a solution for this scenario.

Thanks & Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks your valuable replies.

I have followed the steps as you mentioned.

what to do with the Open PO of the material 'B'. should i need to delete it?

I have done the reconsilation for the qty received against the PO.

Dear Kiran,

i can make 15 type of materials from the component 'A'. so i can't mention all the materials in the PO.

Thanks & Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can do like below -

Create Subcontracting PO as

Sending Mat. (RM) Qty Receiving Mat (FG) Qty

A 5 B 1

A 3 C 1

A 2 D 1

While doing transfer point, you do in parts wise as first send only A with 5 den 3 den 2. In case of excess you can reverse through 542 then system remove the stock from subcontractor send to own stock.

Regards

Goutham

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you have to make a seperate PO. incorporate both B and C in one Subcontracting PO and send material A propotionately between both the materials.

In case if extra stock is lying at the subcontractors end we can bring it back with the help of 542 Mvt Type.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U have to make another PO for C with the component as A. there is no problem if sufficient material is available to make the product at vendor place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make another PO for C with the component as A.

Stock at subcontractor is not linked to a PO. So you can consume stock against any PO.

Hope this resolves,

Lakshman