Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

NW2004s upgrade questions

Hi Experts,

I am working on formulating the upgrade strategy for my company from ver 3.5 to NW2004s. I have some specific questions and while searching through forum, I could not find them addressed in the manner I would expect them. Here's the scenario.

We are at BW ver 3.5 and plan to have a pure technical upgrade (BIA excluded) followed by using BO as front-end. Now the questions are -

1) After having done pure technical upgrade from 3.5 to NW2004s, will it be mandatory to execute other phases of upgrade like a) Adding JAVA stack - analysis authorisation b) other features those are supported by JAVA or we can decide NOT to do any further upgrade for next 2-3 years and live with NW2004s as backend and BO as front end (we have some projects in pipeline)?

2) Have read somewhere that the support for ver 3,5 will be ending sometimes in 2010, therefore, after the upgrade to NW2004s, Is it mandatory to migrate all backend processes to NW2004s before 2010 or SAP will suppport them as 3.5 for extended time. We expect to be able to work on ver 3.5 for another 2-3 years and do a phased migration to NW2004s. Is is a valid expectation?

3) I understand the adding BO will call for adding extra servers to our landscape. I want to know whether these servers will be standalone servers (for BO) or they have any dependency on upgading BW servers for proper functioning e.g. a) What is the pre-requisite for running BO on NW2004s (after pure technical upgrade) effectively?

Thanks for your help.

AKS

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question