cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define/Copy plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1. Please tell me is there any difference in copying plant through TCode EC02 and OX10

thanx

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a major different in between both of them

EC02 - copies all the dependent entries in the system (MRP profiles..every single detail related to the plant)

OX10 - just creates the plant and creates the address

Suggested method:- Copy using EC02 and edit the address using OX10

Dont use OX10 to create a plant, because then u need to create each and every dependent entry.

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no difference at all, as the functionality and the end result is the same. In OX10 you can check if the plant created is correct by clicking on the check icon.

First we define the plant and then we do a Copy as from the standard plant to your plant code, the tables will be copied from the standard plant

But SAP recommends you to follow by OX10.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my view with help of EC02 you can copy all table value of old plant to new plant.

And with help of OX10 you can create you own plant and you must enter all detail in plant detail.

As per my view you can create plant easily with OX10.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode EC02 is for copying the plant and OX10 is for defining the plant. For Eg in EC02 you refer some plant say FW61 and create a new plant FW63 by copying. Then at the end of copying system will say FW61 is copied to FW63 under completed activities tab. After that if you go and see in OX10,

for FW63 all the details including address are same as FW61. So you have to chnage the address details mainly and other things if required.

So standard practice is copy using EC02 and then change the address and other details in OX10. Suppose you first define using OX10 and then copy using EC02, then after copying if you go and see in OX10 all the details including address will be corresponding to copy plant. In above case it is FW61.

So follow EC02 and OX10 for copying and defining plant.

Please let me know your questions.

AmitN
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hello, We are using the same approach while setting up plant but getting a run time error which refers to already entry exist error. Tried multiple times, the run time error throws randomly sometimes at the first instance, sometimes at second and sometimes at third plant copy. Please help