Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master : default language fro material description

former_member246786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created several vendors in several countries. However, my material master data only has description in French Language.

When I try to associate one material with a non French vendor, I have error message because the material description isn't maintained in the vendor specific language (for exemple DE).

Is there a a customizing that tell sap to take the french material description by default in each country ?

thanks for help

Regards

Morgan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dont make the mistake and think that you have to enter the language in the vendor master that is spoken in that country.

this info does not need to be maintained in a vendor master, such info could be derived from customizing much easier (if it would be needed)

You shall maintain the language you use to communicate to the vendor.

If you use German to communicate with the vendor, then you have to make sure that the material description is maintained as well in German. You certainly have to maintain then some customizing like shipping instructions payment terms as well in German language.

Pretty often only 2 languages are used for vendors, your local language and the common language ENglish for foreign vendors,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to mm02 and in the additional data choose language u need,as default u can see the french language now add ur vendors language

try it

regards

kunal

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It mainly depends on the language assigned in the plant and company code which makes it mandatory to assign this language in the material master.

It also depends on the vendor language key.

Say for example if the vendor's language is in Chinenes dont tell me that you wil send the PO print out in French, makes no sence right. so that is the reason the system will ask the material description in chinese and other languages if you are procuring from different vendors around the globe.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP looks for material description in the language of the vendor. Maintain the vendor language as French (in the Address section --> Communication) and you will not face this problem. PO will be output in this language as well.

Hope this resolves.

Lakshman