Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Material Master : default language fro material description

Hi all,

I have created several vendors in several countries. However, my material master data only has description in French Language.

When I try to associate one material with a non French vendor, I have error message because the material description isn't maintained in the vendor specific language (for exemple DE).

Is there a a customizing that tell sap to take the french material description by default in each country ?

thanks for help

Regards

Morgan

Former Member
replied

dont make the mistake and think that you have to enter the language in the vendor master that is spoken in that country.

this info does not need to be maintained in a vendor master, such info could be derived from customizing much easier (if it would be needed)

You shall maintain the language you use to communicate to the vendor.

If you use German to communicate with the vendor, then you have to make sure that the material description is maintained as well in German. You certainly have to maintain then some customizing like shipping instructions payment terms as well in German language.

Pretty often only 2 languages are used for vendors, your local language and the common language ENglish for foreign vendors,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question