cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Size is not correct in the exported PDF-File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me? I have a question!!

I´m using the Crystal Reports XI Release 2 with .NET in my project and when I use the export PDF-File of WebViewer or the method of this , the font size is not correct but when I use the export PDF-File of Crystal Report Viewer 2008 .. the font-size no change.

I put the code in the registry and no work!

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREBusiness ObjectsSuite 11.0Crystal ReportsExportPDFForceLargerFonts

Have you saw something like this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the .NET Development - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leonidio,

If you are using CR XI R2 then create the registry key under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5....

I would also advise using a printer driver that is set to 1200x1200 DPI as it more closely matches teh resolution in Adobe and prevents truncation of large string fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Graham I did this! look..

I put in the registry in "Current_User" and in "Local_Machine" and not work

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\ForceLargerFonts

Type: DWORD

Recognized Values: 0,1

Default Value: 1

Creation Method: manual

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal eports\Export\PDF\ForceLargerFonts

Type: DWORD

Recognized Values: 0,1

Default Value: 1

Creation Method: manual

The configuration of the printer driver should be made both on the server on the client machine?

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leonidio,

Was Crystal Reports open when you made the registry changes? Go back into the registry and confirm that the values are still 1.

As for the printer configuration;

For Crystal Reports you will need to configure this on each client.

For Enterprise it needs to be configured on the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham ,I verified and not changed de value!

There is some configuration in the method for export to PDF for no change the font size or something that I need to do?

Despite that, in the export to pdf of WebViewer and Crystal Report Viewer 2008, both change the font size..

and when I print the report in the WebViewer or in CR Viewer 2008 the font size no change..

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leonidio,

You should only need to change the registry key for this to take affect. What happens when you try to export to PDF from the Crystal Reports Designer itself on the machine where you have edited the registry?

Please clarify what you mean by Web Viewer? Are you using Enterprise or have you developed an application using Crystal Reports?

You mentioned earlier that you were using CR XI R2 but if you are using 2008 then you would need to make the registry key change for that version and I am not sure if the Viewer would read that key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m developing an application ASP.NET (WEB) with CR XI R2 .

The Web Viewer is an asp.net control that I use to view, of course, the reports of my application.

With Web Viewer I can print the reports yeah!

I can also export to pdf using a direct method of the object CrystalReportSource...

The problem is ..When I print the report with the Crystal Web Viewer the font size is bigger than print of PDF that was exported!

Sorry , My english isn´t very good!