cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM- Storage type search sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question. How I should configure storage type search sequence if I have only one storage type for both putaway and picking. Actually I'm looking for an answer if I have one storage type(SKD) and storage type indicator(SKD) and user fails to maintain storgae type indicator SKD in material master. Even without maintaining SKD indicator in material master search will be allowed or How should I configure?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are giving blank in material master means system will not follow any search sequence. But as your case, since you are having only one storgae type, system will straight away proposes bin from SKD.And same thing will be followed, while picking as well.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I have one more question related to this. Suppose user does not maintain SKD indicator in material master for Stock Removal and Stock placement? Then whether search strategy for putaway and picking will work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you said the storage type you will be using will be just one, both for putaway and picking. Indicators should not bother you once you have placed the stotage type in the search sequence.

Storage type indicators comes into picture in case of multiple storage types in a warehouse for which you need to bypass some materials into selelcted stoarge types.

In your case Storage indicator will be redundant. Search strategies will still work without indicators.

Amit G

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to configure in the following ways for storgae type search sequence.

Whn Activity Stype Indi Storgae type

L01(say) A SKD SKD

L01(say) E SKD SKD

Note that you have to give type indicator in Material master as follows

Stock Removal SKD Stock Placement SKD

Please let me know your questions.