cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off the budget Availability Control for one WBS elements in a projec?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Project and WBS elements, we activate the budget availability control in the budget profile and assign the budget profile to the Project. So once we budget one WBS elements under that project and release the project, the availability control is active for all WBS elemens under this project.

My question is whether we can turn off the availability control for one WBS element under that Project and let the availability control on for the other WBS elements under that project.

thanks,

Ting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ting,

I am afraid it is not possible. You can enable budget availability control in the budget profile or using transaction CJBV (Activate Availability Control) both of them at projecte level.

You should create the WBS in two separated projects, one with budget control enabled and the other with budget control disabled.

You could also play with cost element exception list, the cost elements in the list doesn't affect to the budget. The problem is you should use different cost elements for each WBS.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

thanks for the help. Can you tell me how to creat the cost element exception list? I have never do it before.

So far, we are using a user status to turn off the availability controls for a specific WBS. But I still want to try the cost element exception list concepts.

Thanks,

Ting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ting,

You have to configure it in SPRO, Project System > Costs > Budget > Specify Exempt Cost Elements

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Sorry for replying so late. No power here because of Hurrican.

I think this might be a alternative to meet the client's requirement.

Thanks a lot!

Ting