Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am creating a Transfer order-TO idoc(by using WMTOCO message code from FM of IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY) by giving input the delivery #.

Here actually, am creating a delivery updation idoc and a TO idoc.

They r creating fine interactively-online execution.(But, in production this wuld b run as BATCH JOB.(not went to produtction)

But, most of the times, when we run in BATCH in TEST sytem, we r getting folowing error

This delivery (12345678 ) is currently being processed by another user (XX-BATCH )

Message no. VL046

So, let me know that,

1-why we r getting this error?

2- is there any SYSTEM LOG to check the reason , which causing this error?

3-how to fix it?

replies appreciated.

thanq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no log. (If there was, I can't imagine the size of that thing...) Have you ever dealt with the lock objects (ENQUEUE/DEQUEUE)? It's the same thing here. Such errors are impossible to catch because the lock record (once again, in transaction SM12) is created only for the short period of time and then it's gone without a trace.

Your only "log" is your error message and the time when the error message occurred. If you look at the processing time of another IDoc or at the change log on delivery, you'll see that another update took place within the same second.

10 REPLIES 10

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message occurs when the delivery is locked by the current update process and someone tries to do yet another update in the same delivery. You need to allow more time between the IDoc processing. Even in the change transaction you might notice that the updates actually continue after the return to the first screen. E.g. if you save a change and immediately hit Enter again to make another change, you're likely to get such error message.

It is especially difficult to make sure that IDoc updates have been completed, because, in a nutshell, they might be running in a separate process and parallel processing is also possible. In one instance we ended up adding RBDMANIN transaction to the background job to re-process any IDocs that errored out because of the locking issue.

You might have less occurrences of this issue if you process a bunch of deliveries, not just one. The more deliveries are being processed, the less is the chance of the locking issue.

The locks may be viewed in the transaction SM12, but only while the lock is active. As soon as the lock has been released, it is not visible anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq

is there any system LOG, where I can see some explanation?

thanq

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no log. (If there was, I can't imagine the size of that thing...) Have you ever dealt with the lock objects (ENQUEUE/DEQUEUE)? It's the same thing here. Such errors are impossible to catch because the lock record (once again, in transaction SM12) is created only for the short period of time and then it's gone without a trace.

Your only "log" is your error message and the time when the error message occurred. If you look at the processing time of another IDoc or at the change log on delivery, you'll see that another update took place within the same second.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hv seen ur blogs, quite impressed, particularly GOS.

thanq

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. One correction: RBDMANIN is a report, not a transaction - I mistyped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i noticed and looked it, but not used, coz, i hv mentioned this prog. to functional guy.........but, he is still in dialomma, wht to do this situation? why its happening? how to fix it??

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've already told you - you need to allow more time between the IDoc processing. Insert like 5-10 sec. pause (WAIT) between the IDocs and you'll be OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq

sorry, am not pointing to u.

actually, i did not understood properly ur 1st reply. anyways, now, will suggest to functional guy.

by the way, am guessing that, in the system, there is a option that, we can frame/set the PAUSE/wait TIME FOR PROCESSING idocs.

i mean, bfor telling to u functional guy, i want to double check with u......thanq for ur time.

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Sep 10, 2008 4:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, i mentioned wrong in my posting.that, this is NOT a BATCH job.........the following the statements need to EXCLUDE from my poting.........

.(But, in production this wuld b run as BATCH JOB.

But, most of the times, when we run in BATCH in TEST sytem, we r getting folowing error

so, u said that, we need to set the PAUSE/WAIT time of 5-10 sec..........so, pls. let me know that, Where we have to set this PAUSE in my scenario? Is I hv to keep in my prog. coding par`t?

thanq

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pls. can you help us, we(my coleagues culd not able to gure it out & functional guy) r struggling with this error message.

if you say, YES, will send you the complete details.

thanq