Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal number range / external numbe range for backend vendor data

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All

What are the real advantages in internal number range / external number (r/3) range when you do BBPGETVD.

Any constarins are there ? I wanted to freeze this during my Blue print itself either internal range or exteranl when i pull the data from r/3.

How can we convince the business user this time. What SAP advise us regarding this ?

Any help is appreciated.

regards

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 9, 2008 3:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. If you are creating vendors in R/3 and replicating them to SRM then it is just easier to use the same numbers in both systems by ticking "only transfer R/3 numbers" in BBPGETVD.

There is no technical reason for this, but if users are creating shopping carts in SRM, then invoices are being paid from R/3, it will be easier if the same numbers are used if there is a query with the invoice or something.

This way all users whether they look in R/3 or SRM will see the same numbers and it will make communications between departments easier.

Regards,

Dave.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks David.Please share your views on this if you any spcific . yes some times users are scared if i advise internal number range.

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC - Whatever no range this program updates the BP if any modidfication in r3 right ?

regards

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Sep 9, 2008 4:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is very similar to BBPGETVD.

The main difference is that you can configure BBP_VENDOR_SYNC to just bring across changes or also get new vendors, so it actually works like BBPUPDVD and BBPGETVD.

You can also configure what number ranges BBP_VENDOR_SYNC should use.

There is 1 small techncial difference in what they replicate, I think it is something to do with communication type, if you search on SDN you can find this difference.

To configure BBP_VENDOR_SYNC go in the IMG to SRM Server > Technical Basic Settings > Settings for Vendor Syncronisation > Make Global Settings.

You can also schedule BBP_VENDOR_SYNC to run in the background, if you want to schedule BBPGETVD or BBPUPDVD then you need to use programs BBP_VENDOR_GET_DATA_JOB and BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

How do you configure what number ranges BBP_VENDOR_SYNC should use?

I have check the configure (SPRO) and cannot find how to do this and I don't see it as a variant selection option.

Thanks,

Russell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

Check these:

IMG

+SAP Implementation Guide

++Cross-application components

+++SAP Business Partner

++++Business Partner

+++++Basic Settings