Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BAPIs for retreiving benefit plan data

Hi,

I have few custom bapis that retrieve the benefits (health,insurance) plan data on to the portal using web application. These bapis make use of standard SAP benefit structures for credit plans,FSA, health and so on. The code uses standard SAP benefits FM , like BAPI_BEN_BUS3029* series to retrieve the data.

The drawback is the benefit structures given for each benefit plans are big and have a lot of data elements in them that is causing a performance issue while retreiving data on the web app. One of the solution is to trim these data structures in SAP.

if I go for trimming these structures, then I it takes to customize the structures, the related FM of BEN_BUS3029* series (we are using quite a few of them) needs to be customized too . It will result in higher number of custom FMs in the function group too that might increase the load on the web app.

My question is, are there different set of benefit bapis that have a more streamlined data structures that have less data elements? Any suggesstions or alternatives?

Please share your thoughts and will be helpful in implementing this process.

Thanks in advance,

VG

Tags:
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question