Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Delete Image from Header Area

Hello experts,

could you please let me know where I can delete added Images in the Header Area.

I can just find the possibility to Add pictures but not to remove it.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards Marco

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Marco

To change the masthead by changing the code, it would be a better idea to get the existing masthead par file and use it as a starting point. We can even develop whole new portal component using framework library and make it an iview out of it.

To get the mastead par file,

1.Go to System Administration -->Support --> Browse Deployment and browse to the directory ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp

and you will find com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak file.

2.Download it to your local system. If you observe the file extension, it is "bak", because SAP Portal renames the archives after it deployes the par so that it will not deploy it again.

3.Remove the file extension .bak and rename according to the naming standards of your organization.

I would recommend you to use the same naming of the file, remove "sap" and use your own company name, like com.mycompany.portal.navigation.masthead.par.

4.After this, you can import this par file in NWDS (Netweaver Developer Studio) by selecting File --> Import.

A word of caution, the importing does not import the jar files in the private/lib folder of the project structure. So, copy them manually to the new project you have created.

5.When you see the project structure,

you can find the header related file in dist --> PORTAL-INF -->jsp --> Headerview.jsp.

You can change this file according to your needs and deploy it back to the portal.

Hope this helps....

Thanks....

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question