cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAISE_BINDING_EXCEPTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Here I have a situation... getting the Exception while trying to display a View using WDA. I have a Component Controller Context Node. with Cardinality 0..1 and selection 0..1 and copied and mapped to View Context. On this load of the application there are no values assigned to the Node. It throws the following expection.

Ecact Error Note :

The following error text was processed in the system NEW : Adapter error in &VIEW_ELEMENT_TYPE& "TXV_NAME" of view "/APPLICATION.V_ASSIGN_TECH_ASSIST": Context binding of property TEXT cannot be resolved: Node COMPONENTCONTROLLER.1.HOME_PAGE.1.CHANGING_1.1.PC_ALTER_DELE_1 does not contain any elements

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: RAISE_FOR of program CX_WDR_ADAPTER_EXCEPTION======CP

Method: RAISE_BINDING_EXCEPTION of program CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP

Method: GET_BOUND_ELEMENT of program CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP

Please help me in resolving getting this fixed. The requirement is I need to display the View even if there are no values in the Contex Node.

Thanks

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan ,

Does some attributes of the node is binded to view elements like input field or something ,as they need atleast one node element to be present means cardinality 1..1.

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

The context attribute is assigned to TEXT VIEW element. and as you said i had the 1..1 cardinality binding earlier and still the same error was coming. Then i changed it to 0..1.

Thanks

Ketan.

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 1..1 cardinality and 0...1 selection it should work.. check it...

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

I tried as you said, but still it is throwing the same exception. and if i have any values assigned to the context node for the initial launch then this exception is not there. So when there is no node values assigned then this exception is coming with out the View being displayed.

I want the view to be displayed, irrrespective of the node value assigned/ not. How to achieve this??

Thanks

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I am facing the same problem since yesterday.

I have checked the standard component wdr_test_events.

In that if u see the Inputfield view, the developer has not populated the context value at design time.

He has only made an attribute in the context rootnode which has the cardinality 1..1 and selection 1..1.

I think u should try with the cardinality and selection both 1..1.

Or as said earlier try with selection 0..1 and cardinality 1..1 in ur node.

It worked for me, I just moved the attributes binded with Inputfield into root context.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi

Edited by: Sumit Oberoi on Sep 10, 2008 9:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is the context attribute is coming from FM. So i do have the attribute listed under the FM.CHANGING NODE.Attribute1 this is how it is listed in the COMPONENT CONTROLLER. So how do you want me to proceed on this?

Thanks

Ketan