cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Support for CRM 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got a SAP note no. 1118231 stating that SAP does not support the SAP GUI usage for CRM 2007 Functionality only Administrator Task will be supported.

We have one doubt, is BP (Business Partner) T.code is still supported by SAP in CRM 2007 or Not?

Regards

Alok Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, it might not be SAP official policy, but I have noticed that in most cases the SAP GUI transactions are still available and still work in CRM 2007 and even the next release (CRM 7.0) systems. For example, transaction BP is still available in the system and I still use it occassionally when I am doing other administrative work and want to stay in SAP GUI instead of opening a new session. Although I guess the IC WinClient is one good exception to this rule, as this transaction should not be used any longer since the underlying configuration tasks are no longer available in the IMG.

Best regards,

John

0 Kudos

Hello Alok Jain,

As you have already indicated yourself, the SAP GUI is not supported for business user tasks anymore in CRM 2007.

Even though many transaction codes still exist in the SAP GUI, they should not be used anymore in a business scenario.

Since the maintenance or creation of business partner master data obviously belongs to business tasks, I doubt that the transaction BP would still be supported by SAP.

However, the SAP GUI is still needed for the customizing and developments, as well as for administrative tasks, such as the assignment of users to business roles via PPOMA_CRM.

Kind regards,

Kristoff.