cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique number ranges for Goods Receipt doc. for each plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There are 5 Compnay codes and there are number of plants in each company code.

Our requirement is that we want the assign the unique number range for Goods receipt document for each plant.

For example :Company code 1000

GR number range: 1000001 1999999

Company Code: 2000

GR Number Ranges 2000001 2999999

May u please let us know that how can we confidure the same into system?.

This is very critical as we are GO Live from 10/09/2008.

Thanks

Rekha Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

As far as MM is concerned you dont have option to maintain number ranges plant wise or company code wise, you can very well check that in OMBT is the T.code for assigning number ranges.

Please find the enclosed link , may be this will be useful to you for some extent.You may come across the given link if not , pls for your reference.

http://e-mory.blogspot.com/2007/06/sap-mm-and-fi-doc-number-verification.html

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the GR doc in MM or the FI doc for GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to define the number range for the document type Goods receipt and its corresponding interval.

Remember :

1. Document number range

2. Fiscal year and

3. Company code

These 3 are unique combination and should be maintained accordingly. Any repeatation of this combination may prohibit you from creating the number range.

Now, you are interested in creating number ranges for the two co. codes.I would suggest to maintain same kind of number range in both co. codes to have clarity.Anyway, if it is decided to have number range intervals of 10000..and 2000.., there is no harm you can go ahead with that.

TCode: FBN1

Menu path: IMG>Financial Accounting>Financial Accounting Global Settings>Document>Document Number Ranges>Define Document Number Ranges

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Prithwiraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply.

but my question is differ , i want MM GRN number range,not Finance Document number range.pls tell me how i can assign the unique number range for goods receipt documnt (MM doc.) for each plant?

Thanks & Regards

Rekha sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii..

You can define different number ranges for different company codes in FBN1.the document type for goods reciept is WE you can assign different number ranges to WE in different company codes,So when ever to enter goods reciept in different company codes different number gets generated.

Regards.

Aakash