Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on roll out project.

currently we have 2 sales org one is domestic and 2nd one is export sales org.

4 distribution channels domestic, export,deemed,intercompany

and 2 divisions called main product and mislious products.

now my client has Mine's so they going for rollout for mines.

My scenario is do I need to define new distribution channels and divisions for mines or can I use existing one?

what are the implecations if I use existing dis channels and division one?

so if I go for define new dis channels and division how can I suggest to my client?

Thanks & Regards

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Mines business is entirely a different process and if it requies a separate sales report and all other report specific to mines then it is better to go for a new sales org, dist chanels and new divsions.

Else better to use same existing one which can save further config..

It all depends on client busniess requiement..

Regards

sankar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u want separate division wise report then create different divisions let other data be same...

regards

ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

As per my understanding you don't need to create different DC

because in your company DC has been created as per your business rather than product.You may number of product from different business but if you are selling in local mkt than it will be distributed via domestic DC. So you don't required to create DC for that.

But you can think on Division. If your's mine product come under mislleneous or main product than no need to create. If it does not come in both of them than you need to create a division. So better you asked to your client that mine's lies in that two division or not

Rgds

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Client wants to use coal as main division.

So my question is if we use all existing sales area how can v get separate reports for steel and coal.

Regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

If your client using Coal as main division & coal, steel comes under that Div. than you can create report on the base of *product group or material type*. Again it's depend on your report type whether it's Z-report or not. If that is Z-report than no issue.Please let us know what kind of report you are thinking on

Rgards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to go for new organizational units as per your information..

Regards

sankar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi

If the nature of business / process is going to be entirely different, it is recommended to have a new sales organization. Otherwise, you can use the existing one.

Probably, if you can say what are the other main business activities of your client, it is easy to propose a better suggestion.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for ur immidiate reply.

My client current business process is manufacturing steel. Now they took a leas for coalmines and present they want to use coal their internal purpose after some time they would go for sales.

Kindly help me on this

Regards

Sasi

Edited by: sasikanth chittineni on Sep 9, 2008 2:19 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi

Since both are entirely (steel and coal mines) different, better go for a new Sales Organisation.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi