Is their any limitation for handling bulk files in xi3.0, pi7.0 and pi7.1,

pls let me know

Regards

Praveen K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to send a message to XI upto limit 5 MB.

But it is beyond business requirements, so the volume of message XI depends on its version and type of adapter.

But in PI 7.1, its support high volume and deal larger messages efficiently as compare to 3.0 and 7.0

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi farooq ,

can pi7.1 supports in handling the bulk files/messages/records, if so then let me know the number of rec/files that is handles.

ragards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

No of files or records doesn't matter.

The thing matter is the volume of the message.

So lets say you put the file of 40MB in your source directory then it will create performance issue in XI.

I am not sure about the figure in PI 7.1, but main enhancement in it is High Volume Support.

Let me find some references.

Thanks

Farooq

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes not only for XI but for any application platform there will be limitations for message processing.

There are couple of factors which basically influences large message processing.

1. The Operating System (OS)

2. The Application (XI or some other middleware)

3. The hardware Memory

etc.....

However you can tune a given application if they provide certain parameters by exposing the core functionality.

In XI we can tune certain parameters using SXMB_ADM, VisualAdministrator & we can also prioritize the messages.

Thanks,

gujjeti.

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Handling large files say anything above 100MB is always a problem with File adapter as the data has to be moved from Adapter Engine integration Engine and vice versa.

Third party tools are generally used for that. Conversion Agent by Itemfield is one of the best approaches.

Also, on the Advanced tab of the file sender adapter, select the check box next to Advanced Mode. There you can specify Maximum File Size (Bytes) option.

Huge processing of files

Step-by-Step Guide in Processing High-Volume Messages Using PI 7.1's Message Packaging

SAP XI acting as a (huge) file mover

Managing bulky flat messages with SAP XI (tunneling once again) - UPDATED

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think by default XI/PI will support upto 5MB file, according to business requirement we can increase volume.

Find the attached below links will help u for more information.