cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My fiscal year starts from 1st April and ends on 31st March. I have acquired an asset on 1st April 2008 for Rs. 1,00,000/- Then on 1st September 2008, I have acquired another asset for Rs. 50,000/-

Now when I run the depreciation, the calculation is done for 12 months for the asset which was acquired on 1st September 2008. Here I want it to be calculated from 1st September 2008 instead of 1st April 2008.

Inspite of making necessary changes in T-Code: AFAMP, my purpose stands Unresolved. Kindly guide.

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

the Acq column is having 01. The Capitalization date is 1st September 2008. But the depreciation start date at Asset Master has come as 1st April 2008 WHEN I NEVER PUT THAT DATE AT ALL. How did the system picked up this date? Now when i try to change this date, the system does not allow this. I am using sub-numbers (T-code: AS11) for my assets.

Now can you please guide as to how do i go about calculating depreciation from 1st September 2008 instead of 1st April 2008?

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It sounds like the ordinary depreciation start date is being copied when you create sub-number assets using Tcode AS11. I imagine you are using the main asset number as a reference and the ordinary depreciation start date is being copied from it.

Use Tcode AO21 to verify that the "Ord.dep.start date" copy button is unchecked for the screen layout you are using for asset depreciation areas.

Thanks,

Chad

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check Screen Layout for Asset Master Data and Screen Layout for Asset Depreciation Areas.

spro-fa-aa-md-screen layout

Check copy control checkbox must have been selected and hence sub asset is picking the dates from main asset.

Cheers

Srinivas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

Thanks a ton. Your solution worked just perfect !!! My issue is now resolved. Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Amit

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

if you posted both transactions in the capitalization year to the same asset, then this is the correct system behaviour. Please consider OSS notes 53166 and 92925, which contain an explanation of that functionality and a workaround if you need a different logic.

Regards,

Markus

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the period control methods at TCode AFAMP. Check at Acq column it should be 01 and also check Capitalization date and depreciation start date at Asset Master. Ohterwise let us know the error message including error number

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Period Control for Acquisition in Depreciation Key

Check ordinary depreciation start date in asset master