Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable a selection screen field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 selection screen fields if enter any value in field 1 another field should be disabled with out pressing enter on the selection screen. am able to do disable by pressing enter onc i give the value in field 1.

Please do needful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Ramu.

5 REPLIES 5

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

As far as i know its not possible without pressing enter/Execute or any action on selection screen.

This is because report programming is event driven. So without any event i don't think we can achieve this.

Probably u can search in SDN/Google as well. If u r lucky enough some one has found some thing for you. But at the same time don't forget to update this thread if u find some thing:-)

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

What you are doing is right.. You cannot disable without an 'ENTER'.

After entering a value the system has to encounter a function code to proceed further. So it is mandatory.

Regards,

Swapna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Report is event driven... For selection fields if you enter field1 then some action is needed so that field2 takes some action...

If you are using radiobuttons then you can enable/disable fields on selection screen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

As my knowledge you cannot get this functionality without a user interaction...

With luck,

Pritam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are doing write thing.

but it is not possible to disable the second field without any event becoz report programming is event driven.

Rajesh