cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the Version a Crystal Report Was Designed Against?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on a web application developed in C# using the Crystal Reports runtime 10.5 that came with Visual Studio.

What I am trying to do is to check the version of a Report File that the application is trying to run before actually running it.

So that a Report written in Crystal Reports 11 can be flagged as being potentially incompatiable (as it may contain new features not supported by the runtime).

Is there any way to get this version number in C# code?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by: Steven Barker on Sep 9, 2008 1:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steven,

There is no way to tell within the report designer or the properties of an rpt file what version the report was created in that I can find other than manually adding a comment in the Summary Info of the report.

You may want to repost this question in the Business Objects SDK Application Development > .Net forum to see if there is a way of getting the version through code though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I've spent the best part of the morning looking for a solution and haven't found anything yet!

Except for a non public MajorVersion member that would have been ideal if the visibility had been set to public.

I've re-posted it in the forum you recommended so hopefully someone will be able to find a way to do this....if it's possible!

Answers (0)