cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration with Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am looking into the functionality of Variant configuration in PS. I am aware of the steps required such as defining chracteristic, assigning them to class, setting object dependency etc. However I am not able to produce the same in system. It will be great if I could get detail step by step guide on configuring the above.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think whenever you create variant configurator.....default class would automatically assigned to it.

But if you want to see the manually....check tcodes CU41/42/43 and CN08 where these materials are assigned to standard network and activities.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Any clues on setting object dependency ? Also the material can be assigned thru CN01, why there is need to assign service material thru CN08 ?

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is lot of difference in assigning material in CN01 and CN08. In CN01, you cant assign material directly, have to do it using BOM. This is for template purpose ie standard network. The CN08 assignment is for assembly processing. In assembly processing, when you create Sales order for a material, project gets created automatically. So CN01 is of ur interest.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos