cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer material info record (VS003)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Within customer material info record I can only create one customer material for one sap number. A one on one realtion. I want to be able to create for different sap numbers, the same customer material number. I get an error message while trzing to do this, namely:

Customer material XXXXX has already been used in info 700301

Message no. VS003

How can I use one customer material number for different sap material numbers? (this is off course for one customer in one sales area)

Zou wil most definately be rewarded with points.

Thanks

Edited by: O. Ozpinar on Sep 9, 2008 1:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, try to modify include INCLUDE MV10AF0M_MV10A-KDMAT in program SAPMV10A.

Change message E003 to W003.

- If material is added to the order using customer material number, first

material code that is found from KNMT is used.

- If material determination works normally if it has been set up.

- If material code is entered SAP finds and displays customer material

number that it finds from KNMT

Modification is never good solution but I don't see better. Test system behavior after modification.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

U can make one material one info record. The same info record cannot be used for another material.. the system will not accept.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though I would not recommend, you can cheat the system by giving one space to the material code, prefix / suffix dot to material code etc. System will accept and you can save.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Yes customer material - SAP material is one - one relation. You cannot assign 2 different material num to one single customer material.

Consider you have a material ANZG-123N. Customer calls it fork shaft. How can you assign XNHY-854P to the same fork shaft?

Regards,

Sivanand