cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFQ Workflow Triggering for few Pur. Group and not for others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a scenario, where the RFQ goes for release process based on the Pur. Group, Release Group and Release Code.

My workflow is triggering for some RFQ which is created with the Pur.Group 001. But it is not triggering for the RFQ which have the Pur. Group 101/102/103/104..etc...

I have not maintained any start condition. kindly help in this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the IMG, I would first confirm the Release Strategy configured for Purchasing Group 001. My familiarity is more with Purchase Orders and this is the path I follow:

Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Order->Release Procedure for Purchase Orders.

Verify Characteristcs, Classes, and Release Procedures.

Do you see where Purchasing Group 001 is configured as a Characteristic?

Do you see Characteristics for the other Purchasing Groups? If not, that's more than likely your problem.

If you do see Characteristics for the problem Purchasing Groups, then you should look at the Release Procedure Definitions to make sure the full configuration is in place for the Release Group, Release Code etc. I currently do not have access to a system so I apologize for any inaccuracy.

If you are confident that the Release Strategy config is correct, then turn on the Event Trace (SWELS) and then run your transaction again for the RFQ.

Examine the Event Trace (SWEL) for the Triggering Event (RELEASESTEPCREATED). If its not there, then your Release Strategy config is incomplete.

If the event is shown, it should have a workflow template id (WS....) shown under the Receiver column. If no Receiver is shown, then your Event Linkage has not been activated for the Workflow configured for for the Release Code/Group of these problem Purchasing Groups.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all you guys. I have checked the release procedure for the RFQ. There they have maintained only few Pur. Group that is why my workflow got triggered for few RFQ with specified Pur. Group and not for others.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say there is release process, then better check your release strategy settings.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any one help me in this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Triggering event getting triggered. Please check this from SWEL Tcode. If the event is getting triggered and Wflow is not getting triggered then there shld be some Check Function Module implemented for your Wflow. Please check the entry for Wflow Template in SWE2 Transaction code.

Thanks

Arghadip