cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Screen in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In WAD,is there any template for Variable Screen or it in itself is treated as a web item?

My issue is that i want to restrict certain values in the variable screen in my report.

For this what should i do or what can i don WAD?

Plz reply asap.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In WAD there are no such Webites for variable screen.

You will be getting variable screen whenevr your query contains any characterstic that is restricted by a variable.

To populate/have default vaules in that variable you can make use of i_step2.

For more info on i_steps you can refer sdn.

Regards,

Rajkandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PCRao

I wish to ask that i have an info object 0profit_ctr..N no. of hierarchies are developed and all of them are shown in every report in which this characteristic is used.

So,basically i want to restrict the no. of hierarchies in each report that--these suppose n-4 hierarchies should be displayed.

Hope now u get my question!

Also,where do i activate/deactivate the Force variable option in WAd.

Plz explain the steps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can set your hierarchy level at the query level in query designer.

Force variable option will be in the main templates properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to add onto this thread by asking if there was a way to change or customize the variable selection page at all? A location to where the code for this is stored or anything like that?

In BI 7.0, my client only wants to see the options for Variants and not to Personalize Variables, so I'm trying to find a way to remove the link from the variable entry screen so users will not be able to see this option. I have already turned off all of the personalization options in the WAD and it doesn't look to be activated in RS_PERS_ACTIVATE, so I'm unsure why the link is still showing or if that is a variable screen default now.

Thanks!

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a way to customise the variable selection screen?

We would like to add some text to the selection screen, so if you were able to hide the Personlisation ilnk, perhaps we can use a similar approach to add our text.

Cheers,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Can you explain your requirement clearly ?

If you have variables for your report that will come in WAD also. if you want it to display default values do personalization.

and uncheck the force variable screen in WAD settings.

Regards

Pcrao.