cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Elements and COPA Value Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Should all the cost elements created in CO be assigned to value fields in Costing Based COPA?

I am a bit confused . . .

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What assignments are you referring to here?

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant to say, some of the cost elements are not linked to any of the value fields in COPA . . . e.g. Discretionary Discounts, Printing and Stationery, Maintenance of Office Equipments. These P&L Accounts are created as Cost Elements in CO for the purpose of Profit Center Accounting only. We dont want these to be reported in COPA . .

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cost element created with Cost element Category 11 and 12 values will flow to COPA

regards,

radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But what about Cost Elements created with "category 1"?

Again, CEs with catagory 11 & 12 will flow to COPA, only when corresponding condition types in SD are assigned to Value Fields in COPA... Right?

As said above, we are about to create some cost elements with category 1 and 12. These are being created only for PC reporting. We dont want these to flow to COPA.

Can we leave these cost elements unassigned in COPA? Will system throw an error?

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right for the first question.

You need not assign those cost elements to any of the value fields in COPA just leave them as is.

regards,

radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Basically fist you understood, how the values are flowing into the CO-PA. ie When ever billing document generated co-pa document generates automatically. based on your condition type and account keys.

While defining pricing procedure, they mapped the conditon type against releavant account key.

Based on the releavant account key they assigned releavant cost element under VKOA.

Against these condtion types they assgined value filed under KE4I in co-pa.

This is the way system will capture cost elemetns under copa. KIndly revert in case any issue.

Regards

Maruthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the answer I was looking for . . . .

Thanks for your time and guidance . .

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar Yaparthi,

I know the settings and information flow to COPA.

My question was about requirement of assignment of CEs to COPA value fields. This is answered by our other professional friends . . . .

Anyway thanks for the reply. . .

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Sep 9, 2008 1:37 PM

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Sep 9, 2008 1:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not required to assign cost elements to values fields defined for Costing based COPA, When you are creating account based COPA then you need to give the cost elements. For value field creation this is not required,

hope this clarifies

regards,

radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot friends,

I am really thankful for your instant replies . . .

I have some more doubts . . . Pl look into these . . .

What will be the repurcussions, if we do not assign some of the Cost Elements to any of Value Fields in Costing Based COPA..??

Will system throw an error? Or will it function as usual without considering the unassigned Cost Elements in COPA..??

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes....then only you can use it in COPA reports

Srinivas

Edited by: Srinivasa Maruvada on Sep 9, 2008 4:28 PM